Wednesday, November 10, 2010

William the Conquerer

William Interview 1086 A.D.

Q: How did you obtain the throne?

A: My biggest obstacle in taking power was overthrowing King Harold II, who was currently King at the time. I had had a great following and a large army by 1066. Harold had defeated the Norwegian King, who had wished to rule England as well, and returned to England. I moved my army North into England and we took over at the battle of Hastings. I was then crowned King.

Q: What are some of the accomplishments you have made since you've been king?

A: One of my greatest accomplishments was the surveying of the kingdom. This kept an accurate system of taxing in the kingdom. It kept count of the people, land, and animals. I also helped to strengthen the central base of Government in the Kingdom.


"William the Conqueror." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 10 Nov. 2010.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment