Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rome falls to Barbarians

Alaric Interview 410 A.D.

Q: How did you manage to destroy Rome?

A: I made a great plan to destroy the city. I told my soldiers to wait outside the walls. We made sure that no supplies were delivered to the city and that no people came out of the city. I waited years for the right time. I wanted to starve the people in the city. I wanted them to be very weak and defenceless when I attacked. After waiting I sent my men into the city and destroyed it. These people were ignorant and needed to be dealt with.

Q: How was your attack important?

A: My attack on the city ended the Roman peoples rule of the land in the South. I could expand my land down into that area. I have brought a new age to this land. My people shall rule for many years. There are many other tribes in the North that will want my land, but I am the greatest and I will stand my ground.

"sack of Rome." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 6 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment