Sunday, November 7, 2010

Battle of Tours

Charles "The Hammer" Martel Interview 733 A.D.

Q: What was the point of fighting the battle?

A: The Muslim peoples from the south had been raiding Frankish areas for some time. The Frankish people were worried that they would further their conquest into our areas in the hope of spreading Islam. The Duke of Aquitaine, Odo, had been defeated by the invaders in a nearby settlement, so I rounded up my men and we pushed the invaders back into Spain.

Q: Why is your victory here important?

The victory at Tours was a very important point in history. If I wouldn't have won the Muslims might have taken over and spread their religion. I saved Christianity in the North. My victory also gave me some political and military popularity.

"Battle of Tours." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 7 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment