Monday, November 8, 2010

Charlemagne

Charlemagne Interview 813 A.D.

Q: How did you come to power?

A: When my father died in 768, my brother Carloman and I were left to rule his land. The land was split between us. Though I got the bigger part, my part was more undeveloped and revolts began to rise up. I was very angry that my brother offered no assistance. But uh...he mysteriously uh...died somehow in 771. It was sad, but I got total power over the whole Empire!

Q: What hardships have you faced in throughout your rule?

A: The biggest threat/hardship that is still continuing is the Viking people's attacks on my empire. They are unforgiving people that will kill anyone and destroy anything for money and land. I don't know what to do about them. I have been trying to keep a strong Christian Kingship, but there are many pagan revolts in my kingdom. I think it is about time I passed the empire on.

"Charlemagne." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 8 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment