Thursday, November 4, 2010

Axis Age/Golden Age in Greece

Pericles Interview 430 B.C.

Q: As a lead politician in Athens, how have you helped the city and the people of the city to advance in society?

A: Throughout my rule in Athens, I helped to organize some of the most influential projects in the city. I organized charities that would help the unfortunate in my city to have a better life by inviting them to free theatre shows. I organized building projects such as the great Parthenon. The Parthenon is a temple to the Goddess Athena. I helped to rebuild fallen buildings that had been destroyed during the previous wars with the Persians. I have helped to keep the democratic society of my people.

Q: As a military general, how have you helped to keep the people save and fend off foes?

A: As a general, I have done many important things to protect my city and people. I have protected my people from the Spartans. The Spartans are a very odd people. They have no respect for the finer things in life. All they care about is strength and war. This is important because now that my people are safe, they have been able to express themselves and move forward in society. They have made advances in the sciences and art. I have done my best to protect my people and I will continue as long as I can.

"Pericles." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 4 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment