Thursday, November 11, 2010

Columbus leaves Spain

Christopher Columbus Interview 1505 A.D.

Q: What did you expect to find on your expeditions?

A: My original plan for the expeditions was to find a water route to Asia. But, instead I stumbled across a group of tropical islands. I was shocked, but excited. I left 40 men on the newly discovered islands and returned to Spain, where I was greeted with an enthusiastic welcome.

Q: What was the outcome of your voyages?

A: For the most part it was a happy outcome, I had discovered a new world that had never been seen before. There were limitless opportunities for people. So much more could be discovered and settled. There was a bright future for the world. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for my future. Upon arrival from my last voyage, I had found that I had not only lost my title as Chief Governor in the Indies, but I had also lost my greatest supporter, Queen Isabella. With no more money to support another expedition, I have left the exploring of the limitless new world to others.

"Christopher Columbus." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 11 Nov. 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment