Friday, November 5, 2010

Julius Caesar and the Fall of Rome

Interview with Julius Caesar 45 B.C.

Q: How did you come to power in Rome?

A: My goal to was to become absolute ruler of Rome. In order to do so I had to gain a lot of popularity and make my way up through the ranks of the Government. I started by getting a job in the government. I slowly made my way to better jobs. To gain popularity, I negotiated with other lands in order to get a lot of money. This money I used to enhance Rome.

Q: Now that you are dictator for life, do you think that there will be any disadvantages to your new power?

A: I have noticed that my popularity has given me many enemies. I fear that these enemies may be some of my closest colleagues. I'm afraid that my people will rise up and turmoil may begin. But I am there leader, how could they ever betray me, they love me, right?

"Julius Caesar." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 5 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment