Saturday, November 6, 2010

Constantine the Great

Constantine Interview 336 A.D.

Q: In what ways did you spread Christianity throughout Europe?

A: I was introduced to the new religion and I had found peace in it. Once I became emperor, my first step was to legalize in the Empire. After that I noticed that the capital city of Rome was getting worn and boring. I felt that the Empire needed a fresh start. I moved east and founded my city, Constantinople. It grew into a wonderful center of trade and religion.

Q: How has your empire advanced during your reign?

A: During my reign, the Christian religion has been introduced and embraced in the Roman Empire. I have established a new capital of Constantinople. I have spread the Roman Empire far east. And I have a feeling that my reign has laid the foundation for a great Roman Empire.
"Constantine the Great." World History: Ancient and Medieval ErasABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 6 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment