Friday, November 5, 2010

Alexander the Great

Alexander Interview 325 B.C.

Q: How did you manage to conquer the areas in the Middle East?

A: Well during my campaign, I was faced with many obstacles. One of the greatest obstacles was the Persians. My first task was to liberate Greek cities along the Ionian coast from the Persians. My army was small, but we had an unstoppable will to push forward. I advanced south toward Egypt. Along the way, I encountered more Persian forces. At the battle of Issus, My army took over a heavily guarded fortress. We were merciful to the conquered peoples. We then pushed into Egypt. The Egyptians were extremely kind to my soldiers and I. They considered me a Deity. I had finally taken over the Mediterranean sea.

Q: How was your campaign important?

A: My campaign united and expanded my empire to amazing lengths. My people and I established many new Grecian cities. Our cities are the most advanced there are. We have created a theatre system that is unmatched. We have made advances in science and math. The Egyptians established the city of Alexandria in my name.


"Alexander the Great." World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras. ABC-CLIO, 2010. Web. 5 Nov. 2010. <http://ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/>

No comments:

Post a Comment